Dogma offers the following services to help your dog achieve optimum health:
Canine Myofunctional Therapy
Canine Myofunctional Therapy (CMT) is a massage therapy aimed at delivering the well-known benefits of massage to our canine companions.
Canine Myofunctional Therapists use a combination of massage techniques and stretches to assist dogs in overcoming musculoskeletal and other disorders as well as optimising your dog's health and improving their quality of life. CMT has a variety of benefits for your dog and your dog doesn't need to be unhealthy to benefit. It can provide a fantastic form of drug free pain relief.
CMT can help your dog:
- if your dog suffers from musculo-skeletal problems such as osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia or cruciate ligament injury.
- with post-operative rehabilitation working with your veterinary surgeon to maximise recovery from injuries and operations.
- gain flexibility and strength aiding to guard against injury and enhance performance.
- de-stress as it has a calming and relaxing effect by lowering the blood pressure and heart rate.
- It can be especially beneficial for dogs that have anxiety and / or behavioural problems.
An ancient Tibetan form of healing, Reiki involves light touch on the animal which works to clear energy blockages and revitalise your dog's body. It is a great modality for healing both emotional and physical ailments and is a wonderful gift to dogs during palliative care. It is also good for conditions where it is not possible to touch or move the dog. Shorter follow up reiki consultations are also available (1/2 hour) for $35
This is a spiritual healing technique that works to resolve an animal's emotional and physical problems through intuitive healing while the practitioner is in a Theta state. Theta healing can also be done long distance or without the animal present so can be an effective tool when contact with the animal may not be desirable or is not possible.